There is a lot going on in these cookies from a nutritional point of view. They are free of gluten, dairy and refined white sugar and full of fibre, essential fatty acids and gooey cookie loveliness!
As far as cookies go, they’re also a decent source of protein as both quinoa and buckwheat are both rare examples of plant-based complete proteins (meaning they contain all 9 essential amino acids). Add in a little hemp protein powder and I’d go as far to say that, in moderation not only are these cookies not bad for you, they’re actually pretty good for you!
Our quinoa cookies are a good source of magnesium, contain Omega 3’s (from the flaxseed) and the coconut oil takes care of pretty much all the important stuff – heart, digestive system, immune system and on top of that it will make you handsome too, creating supple skin and shiny hair from the inside.
It’s a lot to deliver for one little cookie. Hooray for the quinoa cookies, such tasty little champions!
- 150g (1.5 cups) oats
- 50g (1/2 cup) cooked quinoa
- 50g (1/2 cup) quinoa flakes
- 50g (1/2 cup) buckwheat flakes
- 2 tbsp of flaxseed
- 75g (1/2 cup) of coconut sugar (or other unrefined sugar alternative)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Optional extra: 1-2 tbsp of hemp protein powder
- 80ml (1/3 cup) brown rice syrup
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of orange extract
- 2 tbsp water or almond milk
- 1/2 cup (100g) dark chocolate chips (or chocolate bar chopped into small chunks)