Tea, cake and girls go together like monkeys, trees and bananas and when your friends include master bakers, your bananas have to cut the mustard and get creative.
So, for our afternoon tea date we made a loaf laced with chunks of chocolate. We paired the chocolate with rosemary (those two love each other) and made an accompanying olive oil and maple syrup drizzle.
If you like dipping freshly baked bread into extra virgin olive oil then you’ll most likely love drizzling aromatic chocolate & rosemary loaf with a sweet mix of maple syrup and extra virgin olive oil.
We like to play with our food at the table and this works like a chocolate, maple and rosemary dream!
A sweet accompaniment with a more savoury cake is also the perfect way to please the ‘sweet tooth’s’ and the savoury aficionados (who’ll always say they’re sweet enough anyway) at your tea party.
- 1.5 cups wholewheat flour
- 1.5 cups of brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp rosemary (dried)
- 100g of dark chocolate with hazelnuts, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup whole yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
Extra virgin olive oil and maple syrup mixed together in a ratio of 2:1 (oil to syrup).
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Grease a loaf tin
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
4. Whisk the wet ingredients together in another bowl
5. Add the wet to the dry and fold carefully until combined
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.